I am going to assume we are talking menswear for men, and not menswear trends for women. If I have assumed wrong, please do correct me! :]
As for my thoughts on menswear, I think there is a certain attention to detail that goes into men’s clothing that isn’t put such an emphasis on in women’s clothing. Menswear as a ‘trend’, I think far too many people put an emphasis on it being perfect and try too hard. But then again that could be said for womenswear. It’s almost that along the way so many people care for what is a ‘trend’ they should be wearing… and less of wearing what they like.
All the same, my favorite pieces are:
- Barbour Jackets: Classic, practical and they look great on everyone.
- Denim: Well-fit, comfortable, broken in denim is always a good idea.
- Sweaters: Cashmere, Wool, Cotton, all are an easy and a great way to still look casual without just wearing a t-shirt.
- Button Downs: Oxfords, Flannels, Plaids, Stripes, Solid Colors, Washed Cotton, Slim fit…. anything and everything! I think button downs are great! They are casual as well as formal; they go with jeans, trousers, you name it. They are simple enough is you want something other than a t-shirt to wear, they look great under blazers, and sweaters. And then I can borrow them!
- Casual Sneakers: Not the ones that you’d wear to the gym or to go for a run.
- Ties: A good tie can go a long way, and it doesn’t have to be worn with a suit or sports jacket. They can be worn with button downs and jeans, while still looking great.
- Desert Boots: Casual, comfortable and classic.
Thanks for your question and sorry for the delay! So happy to hear you enjoy my tumblr! xx.